Friday, August 31, 2007

The chicken and the egg dilemma: "I did not join the KR in 1970, it was the other way around" - Sihanouk

For our readers information, KI-Media is presenting below an article written by King-Father

UNOFFICIAL ENGLISH TRANSLATION by M. Preuk
(Posted on CambodiaNews Yahoo Groups)

original text in French:
http://www.norodomsihanouk.info/mes%202005/juin/textes/0906txt5.htm


INTERNET. My Website – Norodom Sihanouk & BMD

NORODOM SIHANOUK

Beijing, June 8, 2005

On June 6, 2005, a number of English and French language newspapers had, "for the hundredth time," written that in March 1970, after being deposed by the Putsch perpetrators, Lon Nol-Sirik Matak, I (Sihanouk) had joined (sic!!) the Pol Pot Khmer Rouge, and that shortly thereafter, these Pol Pot Khmer Rouge had put me and my family under house arrest.

"For the hundredth time," I am obliged, in this regards, to re-establish the following historical Truth:

1- After the March 18, 1970 Putsch, I did not join the Khmer Rouge at all.

The absolute Truth is the following (the People’s Republic of China bears witness to this):

Between March 18, 1970 and March 22, 1970, I did not make any decision. H.E. Chou En Lai, the PRC Prime Minister, asked me to think hard before making any decision.

On March 23, 1970, I launched to the world, in particular at the Peking State Radio (PRC), a solemn Appeal to my patriotic Compatriots from all [political] spectrum to invite them to willingly join me under the framework of the FUNK-GRUNC ([French acronym for] National United Front of Kampuchea – Royal Government for the National Union of Cambodia) that I just created.

o O o

In my message dated March 23, 1970, I told my Compatriots that we have to struggle together until [obtaining] the final victory in order to totally liberate Cambodia, our beloved Homeland.

It was thus that Messrs. Khien Samphan, Hou Yuon, and Hu Nim, in the name of the Khmer Rouge, had addressed me a letter of congratulations and of their membership to the FUNK-GRUNC.

2- The Khmer Rouge, under the explicit recommendation by President MAO TSE TUNG and Prime Minister Chou En Lai of the PRC, committed themselves to keep me as Khmer Head of State for life.

After noting that, following our victory of April 17, 1970 [1975?], the Khmer Rouge had deprived the Khmer People from all freedoms, I wrote, one after another, three letters to the Khmer Rouge leadership, asking him to allow me to take my retirement by giving as motive my age and bad health.

The Khmer Rouge Angkar (Leadership) did not at all want me to resign from my position as Head of State of the Democratic Kampuchea. To the contrary, this Angkar sent twice to the Khemarin Palace, a high level Delegation to ask me with insistence to remain Head of State of the Democratic Kampuchea. (Lok Chumtiev Ieng Sary and H.E. Khieu Samphan can testify to that). I refused.

It was because of the refusal from Norodom Sihanouk to vouch for their Regime, that the Angkar (Leadership) punished me by sending to their death 5 of my Children, 14 of my grandchildren, several other members of the Royal Family and those belonging to my Wife’s family, several Sinanoukists former members of the FUNK-GRUNC (including my very faithful aide-de-camp, Captain Ong Meang).

If my Wife and my two children (Norodom Sihamoni and Norodom Narindrapong) were spared, it was thanks to President Mao Tse Tung.

o O o

My observation: the News likes to trample on historical Truth when it is something concerning Norodom Sihanouk.

Signed: Norodom Sihanouk

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

my God !!! How can Sihanouk denie from his involvement with Khmer Rouge? He didn't join the khmer rouge but he was the khmer rouge leader. During that time, he has called to attack openly to khmer prople and Khmer National armies. Now he denie. What happen to recent endorcement that Hun sen is a good leader and the encroachment of vietnam to Khmer land? Is he a child or what? NO RESPONSIBILTY

Anonymous said...

no matter what had happened in the past, Sihanouk should stand trial at least as a witness for having done it then. Now he is still a communist compatriate who dare not say anything about any communist regime including the one in his own country. He knows so much about Cambodian past, but acting so stupid.

Anonymous said...

Nuon Chea, brother No 2, keeps saying he does not care, he will tell everything at the court. This is why Sihanouk is so worried about the KRT. This is a prelude that Comrade Nuon Chea will implicate Sihanouk in the genocide. Sihanouk was head of the KR until he resigned at the end of 1976, the important event and date he omits to mention in his statement, because it makes him clearly responsible as head of the regime. During that period, Nuon Chea knows very well who gave order to execute hundred thousands of Lon Nol Soldiers, who surrendered to the
KR, along with their family members. Nuon Chea and Khieu Samphan have every reason to hate
Sihanouk because Sihanouk sides with their enemies, HS and the VN, who ousted the KR regime.

Anonymous said...

Talks is cheap,SEIHAKNOUK can't avoid to go to court because he is the key witness and important person that have abilities to testify in khmer rouge trial.

Anonymous said...

Sihanouk thinks that nobody know what he did. Lying is loosing, the truth inside yours ; you can hide from the people but you cannot hide from yourself. From Sralanh Khmer news paper Sihanouk invites the member of the UN which wok in ECCC to the palace that's not fair and for what and why and why. Nobody can do anything inside the palace if he is a man come on goes to the KRT stand in front of the judge and tells exactly what he did.

Anonymous said...

We should not address him as king, my opinion, at this point. A king is someone who will lead his beloved people to the promise land. At least help shed some light to the world and for the souls that fought for the country, and the innocents. He is given an opportunity to redeem himself in front of the world, as king of Khmer people. If he refuse to stand trial, to me he is not a king, but a king of Vietnam.

Anonymous said...

A Sihanouk I hate u! Because of u that Cambodia now falls in the hand of Hun Sen's vietnamese backed government. Sihanouk must be responsible for all of these...

Anonymous said...

All true Khmer compatriots, ladies and gentlemen,

Cambodia's had cancers that were embedded into her by China+YUONS+Vietminh-CPP-Hun Sen+all royal's crooks through traitor Sihanouk's flesh and blood, also through his YUON's wife Monique and Sihanouk’s clique.

To have a true and lasting peace for Cambodia these cancers have to be removed once for all, either by the law of ECCC-KRT or by any means, as long as the majority agree with.

If these cancers remain inside Cambodia without proper treatments YUONS will continue to swallow us bit by bit every day and China will gobble the whole region without mercy toward Cambodia land and all Khmer people, with the last assistance of NORODOM SIHANOUK-HUN SEN.

KULEN MONOROM
(the rice farmer's son)

Anonymous said...

Sihanouk's Monique is half Italian-Vietnamese, that's why he is always under the influence of Yuon. Lon Nol was very angry after he had invited Sihanouk three times to return to Cambodia but was refused by Sihanouk, who then was listening to his wife Monique saying that Sihanouk didn't need to go back to Cambodia because he was Preah bat thormek, and so no one can do anything harmful to him. Madame Ung Bunhor in France can testify this.

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com