Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thailand sends ships to check Cambodian oil drilling

August 18, 2009
ABC Radio Australia

Thai media is reporting that the country's navy has sent several warships to keep a watch on oil vessels exploring near a disputed sea boundary with Cambodia.

Cambodia has recently struck deals to explore the drilling potential in the Gulf of Thailand but some Thai's believe the tests could be a violation of the nation's sovereignty. Australia's former ambassador to Cambodia says that if it is true, it could be a potentially worrying escalation of ongoing tensions between the two nations.

Presenter: Matt Conway
Speakers: Tony Kevin, Former Australian Ambassador to Cambodia


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thais have been provoking Cambodia for so long. It is time to for cambodia to fight back. Oil exploration is within cambodia's sea boundary so the thais should not think that it's theirs.

Entertainment said...

Yes it should be the right time for Cambodian to Asiam.

from http://myzone-game.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Why don't we do the same?? Cambodia should send her warships to blockade Thai Thug...



Don't tell me we got nothing to send?????

Anonymous said...

Why don't we do the same?? Cambodia should send her warships to blockade Thai Thug...



Don't tell me we got nothing to send?????

Anonymous said...

HunXen and his Moon generals had $$$$multi millions of dollars$$$$$$$$ buy some??? because he gonna rule cambodia the rest of his life anyway...

Anonymous said...

TREASURE OF CAMBODIA (comic trippin')

Xen: I'm rich, I'm rich, and I'm rich.
Siem: What da @#$%?
Xen: Man, I've got oil for sale.
Siem: Where?
Xen: It's my country that belong to me.
Siem: How much?
Xen: Not much as long as I'm rich.
Siem: Negotiate?
Xen: I'm not that stupid.
Siem: How much?
Xen: $300,000,000 that's enough for me and my family to live on.
Siem: Deal! Come and join us for dinner tonight.
Xen: hahahahahehehehehehahahahaha