Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Two Injured Workers Maintain Suits Against Former Bavet Governor

Chhouk Bandit
Tuesday, 13 March 2012
Heng Reaksmey, VOA Khmer | Phnom Penh
“I need money to cure myself, but I hope the court will bring me justice.”
Chhouk Bandith, the former governor of Bavet city, is now facing just two complaints from garment workers who are accusing him of shooting them during a demonstration last month.

The two women, Bun Chenda, 21, and Nuth Sakhorn, 23, are demanding around $5,000 each in compensation for injuries sustained when Chhouk Bandith alleged fired at them during a Feb. 20 demonstration in Svay Rieng province.

A third victim dropped her complaint after receiving around $1,000.

Chhouk Bandith was sacked earlier this month and is now at a position in the provincial administration, officials said, but he has so far not been detained. Interior Minster Sar Kheng has said he is the main suspect in the shooting.


“I want the gunman to be arrested,” Bun Chenda told VOA Khmer. She said she needs money for treatment for her injuries.

Nuth Sakhorn said last month she refused to broker a $1,000 deal with local officials to drop her suit.

“It is up to the court,” she said. “I need money to cure myself, but I hope the court will bring me justice.”

Hing Bunchea, deputy prosecutor for the provincial court, said he has received the women’s complaints and the court is processing them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ពួកអាឃាតករ ពូកកម្មាភិបាលក្នុងជួរគណបក្សប្រជា
ជនយួនទាំងអស់សុទ្ឋតែជាឃាតករ។
ជយោសម្តេចអគ្គសេនាមហាឃាតករ ហ៊ុន សែន!
ជយោសម្តេចអគ្គសេនាមហាឃាតករ ហ៊ុន សែន!
ជយោសម្តេចអគ្គសេនាមហាឃាតករ ហ៊ុន សែន!