Monday, March 18, 2013

សារ៉ាម៉ានី (អាថ៌កំបាំង ក្នុងវាំង ស្តេចខ្មែរ) - Saramani, Danseuse Cambodgienne

In Memory of 18 March 1970

First written by Roland Meyer in 1919, the book was never translated into Khmer until 1970, following the downfall of the monarchy and then-Prince Sihanouk in Cambodia. The book depicts life inside the decadent Cambodian royal palace at the death of King Norodom and the advent of King Sisowath to the throne. No stone was left unturned in this French novel. The Cambodian version was translated by Chan Bophal.


https://www.box.com/s/502h2l0cz61qvgbnju0e

Roland Meyer self portrait

Original book cover

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh! I've got a copy of this book right beside me at this moment.

It's about Khmer king who was the prisoner in their own county surrounded by French and the jealously of comfort girls who wanted to be king's number girl at any cost.



Baay Kdaing

Anonymous said...

From the Holy Bible
In 2Chronicles 7:14.
God Says:
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Kent Davis said...

Glad you like my scans. Here's the original article with more details. (-;

http://www.devata.org/2010/07/roland-meyer-saramani-and-a-cambodian-love-affair/