Monday, November 20, 2006

Scandalous tactics used by the communist Hanoi regime: using Khmer Krom people to spy and report other Khmer Krom people

US citizen of Khmer Krom origin prevented from entering Vietnam

19 Nov 2006
By San Suwidh
Radio Free Asia
Translated from Khmer by Heng Soy

An incident related to the increase of vigilance by the Hanoi regime: on 21 Oct 2006, Soriphal Danh (aka Sophal Danh) from Lowell, Massachusetts, arrived in Tan Son Nhut airport in Ho Chi Minh City for a visit to his elder mother who lives in Pol Leav province (Bac Lieu in Veitnamese). However, he was stopped by the Vietnamese authority from entering the country even though he received a valid entry visa from the Vietnamese embassy in the US.

The Vietnamese police claimed that its embassy issued the visa by mistake because Soriphal’s real name, Sophal Danh, is blacklisted as an opponent to the Vietnamese government.

Soriphal Danh told RFA: “They said that the embassy was mistaken by my name, however, when they looked up my name, they said I cannot enter the country because I am [listed] as an opponent to the Vietnamese government, that’s what they said … About 3 or 4 years ago, I visited Cambodia, I and another US citizen were arrested in Svay Sisophon (Banteay Meanchey province) for trying to help set up a camp for Khmer Kampuchea Krom (who took refuge in Cambodia). The Vietnamese authority said that I oppose them, they did not allow me to get in. I said that you gave me the entry visa, you should let me in to visit my parents. If you claim that I am here for terrorist activities, follow me, and if I do anything wrong, arrest me, however, I come here only to visit my parents, I did not come to oppose you.”

Soriphal said that if he was prevented from entering Vietnam because of real security concerns, he would understand that. However, the Vietnamese authority had something else in mind by preventing him from entering the country to visit his parents and relatives: they want to use him as a hostage. They gave him a condition to fulfill: if Soriphal wants to enter Vietnam, he must fulfill their requirements.

Soriphal added: “[You can enter] if you are acting good here, and you have to report all Khmer (Cambodians) who oppose Vietnam. You have to report to us every month, we will let you in. They wanted me to kill my own people for my personal interest.”

Regarding the tricks used by the Vietnamese authority in using Khmer people to fight each other, Soriphal Danh indicated that this case is not only applicable to Khmer Kampuchea Krom people, but it also true for Cambodians from Cambodia: “The Vietnamese are using our Khmer people who now live in Cambodia, they treacherously used those who seek their personal gain, the Vietnamese use them to kill other Khmer people.”

RFA could not reach the Vietnamese embassy in Washington about its decision to issue a visa for Soriphal Danh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Youn use Khmer Phnom Penh, Khmer Krom to spy on Khmer in Kampuchea Krom. Vietcong use Hun Sen government to destroy all Khmer.In order to accomplished the Uncle Ho doctrin.Uncle Ho doctrin is to take all Khmer land in 100 yrs or less. And they are acchieving their goal rigth now with the Help from Hun Sen gov't.

Anonymous said...

What should we do?

Anonymous said...

To 1:39am

Well give Sam Rainsy a chance at 2008 election! If Sam Rainsy kept loosing due to ballot box manipulation then all bets are off! It is time to raise hell for all these mother fuckers! Destroy all these mother fuckers through urban guerilla warfare! Create all the fucken instability so that it will interfere with their economic activities and it could cost in the million or even the billion!
Only then all these mother fuckers will listen! Enough is Enough!

I don't think these mother fuckers want to see Cambodia plunge into war again because they really enjoy their good wine and good food and the fucken luxury car and endless cheap sex with under age girls(not women!) I want to see all these mother fuckers ran to another country or be assissinated on the spot!

May God bless them all!

Anonymous said...

The Yuon had been doing this for the past 60 years or so. Don't believe! Start by naming those so-called Khmer politicianS that were involved during the Sihanouk's era, then find out where their origins were. IT DOES NOT TAKE A GENIUS TO UNDERSTAND THEIR VICIOUS POLITICAL SCHEME. OR SHOULD I NAME IT FOR YOU?