Wednesday, December 27, 2006

King-Father: "My heart is crying when I think about these Sihanoukist and Royalist Martyrs"

Translated from French by Luc Sâr

Sad History

Sreng, a false Khmer Rouge and a true Sihanoukist-Royalist
By N. Sihanouk

Beijing, December 23, 2006

Before my resignation as “Head of State of the Democratic Kampuchea,” in April 1976, I was allowed to have a “personal servant [body],” at the Khemarin Palace.

Sreng, a young man of farmer origin who had become a “Khmer Rouge” by the force of the events, was part of the (limited) “personal servant” [body].

He took care of me very well, he went to pick (each morning) fruits (the “thnot,” the toddy palm fruits/seeds) and fish small fishes to improve my “ordinary” [fare]. He cleaned the rooms for my family.

The day the Angkar (the Khmer Rouge Leadership) decided to accept my resignation from my position as Khmer Rouge Head of State, this Angkar decided at the same time to deprive me of the “personal servant” [body]. Sreng was the only one, before leaving me, who dared come and take leave of absence from me and my wife. He even dared to prostrate himself at my feet and to address me with respect and affectionate words using the court language.

I paternally hugged him.

What ensued, I learnt that the Angkar killed all those men and women who saw me live in the Khemarin [Palace]…

How many of my beloved Kaun Chau [children/grandchildren] belonging to the Small People were thus killed by the Khmer Rouge? [What was] their crime? To remain faithful to N. Sihanouk and to the Monarchy.

Lon Non, the younger brother of Lon Nol, and other Khmer Blue Leaders had shot and tortured to death Compatriots who remained faithful to myself and to the Throne.

During this period, Western Press Agencies mentioned the case of a young man who, in front of the firing squad, and before dying, shouted “Long life Samdech Euv!”.

My heart is crying when I think about these Sihanoukist and Royalist Martyrs.

I pray so that they (men and women) find peace in a better world.

(Signed) Norodom Sihanouk

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Old hypocrite wants something out of those people to protect his neck before ECCC call his witness.

Get scare of own shadow now,huh?

Anonymous said...

LAUK CHHIM WATT KOH, YOU ARE 1000% RIGHT ABOUT SIHANOUK.

I WONDER WHICH WAY THIS OLD DEVIL FOX GOING TO RUN AND END UP.

I WISH ALL AND EVERY SINGLE KHMER UNDERSTAND ABOUT SIHANOUK HYPOCRISIS, HE IS THE SAM AS HO CHI MIHH, POL POT, CHINA/YUON OR HUN SEN. THESE DEVIL MEN ARE ALL THE SAME.

Anonymous said...

Install Khmer Unicode fonts for reading
សីហនុដូចជាមិនសូវគ្រប់,និយាយស្តីមិនឡូស៊ិក(logic)
រកជឿមិនបាន ព្រោះចំរៀងបោកប្រជារាស្ត្រខ្មែរដែល
គាត់សំដែង ជាពិសេសរបបរាជានិយមនៅកម្ពុជា
ឥឡូវលែងមានន័យចំពោះប្រជាពលរដ្ឋខ្មែរទៅហើយ។

ប្រជាពលរដ្ឋខ្មែរគ្រប់រូបបានសំគាល់ឃើញថា ចរិក
សីហនុគឺកាត់រកកូនគាត់ឈ្មោះរណរិទ្ធ(ស្តេចបោក)។

ទោះសីហនុខំយកចិត្តបោកហ៊ុនសែន មុនដង្ហើមចុង
ក្រោយរបស់សីហនុ យ៉ាងណាក្តី ក៏របបរាជានិយម
នៅកម្ពុជាមិនអាចរួចផុតពីការរលាយនៅក្នុងអណត្តិ
នៃឆ្នាំ២០០៨ នោះឡើយ។

ហ៊ុនសែន ធ្លាប់និយាយក្នុងជួរបក្សថា "សីហនុជាបន្លា
ត្រូវតែកំចាត់សីហនុ ទើបអាចបញ្ចប់របបរាជានិយម
តាមក្រោយ។ ប្រជាជនខ្មែរមិនត្រូវការរបបរាជានិយម
ដើម្បីបំផ្លាញថវិកាជាតិនោះទេ។"

សីហនុនឹងត្រូវរងការជំរះបញ្ជី នៅឆ្នាំក្រោយក្នុងតុលា
ការខ្មែរក្រហម។ ហើយរាជាណាចក្រចុងក្រោយ នៅ
កម្ពុជា ដែលមានសីហមុនីជាស្តេចគ្រងរាជចុងក្រោយ
ក៏នឹងបាត់រូបរាងពីទឺកដីកម្ពុជានេះជាមិនខានដែរ។

Anonymous said...

Don't you know by now that Sihanouk is a dumb father anyone can have?. We are all his dumb and stupid children. He loves us all!

Anonymous said...

Sihanouk is not an evil at heart by nature, but he was misguided by his revenge, his anger against LON NOL who overthrowed him , and blindfully to join the evil khmer rouge who hate him in the first place....now he suffered the consequences of his past mistakes...