Thursday, January 18, 2007

King-Father: ...not being a Buddha nor a Tevoda, I could not, from my Beijing Residence, know that there were hungry Compatriots

Translated from French by Luc Sâr

Communiqué

A Khmer newspaper from Phnom Penh
recently accused me of being insensitive to the terrible
hardships of Compatriots who have nothing to eat
By N. Sihanouk

Beijing, January 10, 2007

Recently, a Khmer newspaper from Phnom Penh wrote: “A group of some dozens of poor Compatriots from the province came to Phnom Penh to ask H.M. King-Father (Samdech Euv) for a vital humanitarian aid because they have nothing to eat. When they arrived in front of the Phnom Penh Royal Palace, they waited, and waited. But no one condescended to give them something so that they don’t die of hunger. In desperation, these poor and very sad compatriots finally left on empty stomach…”

In this regard, this is my answer to the malicious accusation made against me by this newspaper:

First, I was in Beijing (P.R. China), very far from the Royal Palace, when these Compatriots arrived in front of the Phnom Penh Royal Palace. And, not being a Buddha nor a Tevoda, I could not, from my Beijing Residence, know that there were hungry Compatriots.

Second, in front of the Phnom Penh Royal Palace, there were royal guards and police officers who must have seen these hungry Compatriots. But nobody went to see H.E. Samdech Kong Som Ol or a Representative or the deputy or the collaborator of Samdech Kong Som Ol to ask him to inform me or the Queen-Mother, my wife, of this arrival in front of the Phnom Penh Royal Palace by these hungry Compatriots.

It was only through the reading this anti-Sihanouk newspaper article that I learnt that there were people who are hungry.

Third, without losing a single minute, from Beijing, I gave the order to Samdech Kong Som Ol and to my eldest Son, N. Yuvaneath, and his wife to go to the village of these hungry people, and to distribute for me to these hungry people, rice and money.

I will make public, without delay, the report sent to me, on this subject, by H.E. Kong Som Ol.

(Signed) Norodom Sihanouk

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

www.sacrava.blogspot.com
Comment by Sacravatoons


"Khmer-People's suffering are my suffering ! "
..... "But Khmer-People's hunger is not
mine...cuz I've been fed so well by
Chen-Beijing,I'm so sorry my dear Koun-Cha,it's not mine it's yours problem.

Artha-He Artha-No Near-Tho


Signed,

Norodom Sihanouk
The Greatest King of Cambodia .
Sdech Lkorn Bassac, the Poorest King in the world

Anonymous said...

Sihanouk pretends like he does not know that there are many other people in Cambodia are facing food shortage every day. He uses his excuse of being in Bejing for this reason. His title is Samdach Ov. Ov that does not know what their children need is worse than a dog. This Ov seems to get more crazier each day.

Anonymous said...

For those who continue to attack the King Father by suggesting that He has not/never helped the poor hungry Cambodians, this is the question they should ask themselves: What have I done so far for the poor in Cambodia?

The King Father seems to have been given an unfairly larger amount of responsibility for the suffering and misery of the Cambodians than all the past and present leaders of this poor suffering nation!

Lack of unity among the Khmers is the real cancer that eats its way right through to the bone of the Khmer society and will eventually bring about the complete and final destruction of this once great country!

Anonymous said...

There are too many "Sadech or Sdech Euy" in Cambodia. Nobody know what to do beside their own stomach.

Like father like son, sdech euy evaded from the problems.

Anonymous said...

I am not a fan of Somdach Euv, but
nonetheless I would never forget
all the things that he did to
help us recovered from the KR
destruction.

Many accused Somdach Euv of being
a traitor, but the truth is he
was stabbed in the back by a
racists.

Somdach is not a communist which
is why he can't get his power back
from the KR. It should be obvious
here that Communist always back up
Communist, with is why the Chinese
choosed Pol Pot over Somdach Euv.
He was dissapointed at Bejing for
that, but he stant firm on his
position, which is why he resided
more in North Korea.

And you can't judge a person
because he choose China for his
medical care. So what if he
believe in Chinese's medicine.
It has nothing to do with loving
Bejing and Bejing need not be
his enemy either.

Anonymous said...

Oh and if anyone interested in
Somdach Euv's testimony telling
what happened to him in 1970,
please download this video clip
that I copied from our TVK
station:
http://www.plunder.com/What-Happened-to-me-in-1970-Norodom-Sihanouk-Explained--download-12361.htm

Anonymous said...

EX MJK should know better than that. IT is nothing to do with religion. This question is for EX MJK, Do you know how many other religion relief agencies in the world and in Cambodia feeding the poors and suffering?

Anonymous said...

Well, why don't you tell us.
but use number please, like 1,2,
3,..., 123, if you know what I
mean. You don't have to be exact,
but give me something that I can
clearly comprehend.

Anonymous said...

leave Buddha out you fool.
Boddha can not help any body he only teach.
You must be student of tep Vong!sucker.