Sunday, March 04, 2007

Pov Panhapich’s condition significantly improved [-She can talk now, but cannot move her body yet]

04 March 2007
By Mondol Keo
Radio Free Asia

Translated from Khmer by Socheata

Click here to listen to the program in Khmer

Pov Panhapich’s health condition has improved significantly and she can also speak now.

Two doctors who are caring for Panhapich said that her injuries are getting better, and that she can now speak. Her condition is no longer life threatening, and she now can whispers to the doctors. She even asked the doctor not to trim her hair off.

Doctor Kim, an expert in body limbs told RFA over the phone: “When I got in, I asked to have her hair (Panhapich’s) washed. Her hair was dirty because it has not been shampooed for a week already, I told them (nurses) to wash her hair. I told her that I am working at the Cho Ray hospital, looking at her body limbs. From Phnom Penh, they asked me to look after you… she is aware of everything, I told her to be strong, to heal quickly, I told her not to be afraid, I am here, I am working here, she shouldn’t be afraid. When I told [the nurses] to shampoo her hair, they wanted to trim her hair, Panhapich refused. So I told them not to since she is a singer.”

Another doctor by the name of Thoeun, gave a short phone interview to RFA. He said: “Her condition has improved a lot, however she cannot talk good yet. But in general, her condition has improved a lot. We pierce a hole to install a breathing tube through her neck, therefore, she cannot talk clearly yet, but everything else look good. There is no life threatening issue any more, but we cannot say anything yet if she would be paralyzed or not, we cannot evaluate this yet. We have to wait for another stage. As for her face, her alertness, her body, everything has improved, but for her legs and hands motion, we cannot say anything yet. Her speech is not clear yet because of the breathing tube through her neck, she cannot talk normally yet because of her injury in the upper neck. Let’s wait a while, if there is any change, I will let you know later.”

Pov Panhapich’s safety and security are also important issues right now, especially since her health condition has been improved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go speed to a full recovery baby....