Monday, May 21, 2007

India plans to loan Cambodia for rural infrastructure development

May 21, 2007

India plans to provide 35.2 million U.S. dollars of loan for Cambodia to develop rural infrastructure, local media reported Monday.

Hor Namhong, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, made the remark to Cambodian daily newspaper the Koh Sontepheap, after wrapping up a recent visit to India.

The loan will be mainly used to build water dam, irrigation system, and electricity network from Kratie province to Stung Treng province, he said.

The rest of the loan will be spent for buying water pumps for helping rice farmers during drought season, the paper quoted him as saying.

Prime Minister Hun Sen also plans to pay an official visit to India at the invitation of the Indian side, he added.

Hor Namhong paid his official visit to India from May 17 to 19 and met with its finance minister, foreign minister and prime minister.

Agriculture, together with garment production and tourism, are the economic pillars of Cambodia.

Source: Xinhua

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, brother
(India). Where have you been? Is
everything okay? Stay in touch,
will ya?

And God blesses you for your help
in a time of need.

Anonymous said...

Yeahh you are smiling at $$$ not about Cambodia needs.

You bastard.

Anonymous said...

Don't be silly, Fluke's Boy. I am
Cambodian, and I have need, and
that is why I am smilling!

Anonymous said...

Oh how much do you have? Must be a lot. Well I hope you didn't steal from those money given to Cambodia by foreigners.

Well if you are closed to where I live then pass by to see my Roll Royce Limousine and my Jet I just got (Will).

Not bragging it is real pal.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I will, buddy, the soon the
soon my order for the Boeing Jumbo
Jet 747 come in. You got enough
room in your back yard for my
landing?

Anonymous said...

Yeahh.. I already saw your Jet 747 made from plastic.

Anonymous said...

Nope, it is not plastic. It is
graphite polymer for light weight
and fuel efficiency, stupid.