Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Boxer Try Kunthor accused of holdup

Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Everyday.com.kh
Translated from Khmer by Socheata

Try Kunthor, a famous Cambodian-style boxer, and his wife were arrested by the police in the evening of 03 December 2007 and charged with beating and robbing a motodoup (motorcycle taxi) driver. The report indicated that the beating and robbing of the motodoup driver took place in Village No. 1, Chrauy Changvar commune, Russey Keo district, Phnom Penh city. The police indicated that the arrest of Try Kunthor and his wife was made after people intervened when the boxer and his wife beat up the motodoup driver with the intention of robbing the motorcycle. The police said that during their arrests, Pech Panha, Try Kunthor’s 22-year-old wife, confessed that she and her husband called a motodoup near Wat Phnom and traveled to the location of the incident which was planned in advance in order to rob the motorcycle. However, when Try Kunthor and his wife arrived at the Russey Keo district police station, they denied their confession, and said that they beat up the motodoup driver because he was very rude when the boxer handed him only a 2,000 riels (~$0.50) fee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I buy this story for one dollar!

Oh please a boxer and his wife are out to rob somebody! I remembered a motordop took me for a 10 minutes ride to my destination and he asks me for 5000 riels! I guess the motordop think that I am a sucker but I gave him anyway!

This motordop will see the last of me!

Anonymous said...

dO YOU REMEMBER THE FACE 2:54pm?

Anonymous said...

Yeh...I remembered his face. It is one of those very poor sad looking face. I just had to give the money! I need to down grade the way I dress up myself otherwise dirt poor Cambodian think I am a rich guy!

Anonymous said...

I just sincerely hope the Motodoup had some kind of motorbike insurance.