Friday, December 07, 2007

PLEASE HELP ME!

My name is DaVik Teng. I live in Svay Chrom village, Battambong province, Cambodia. I am 9 years old, and I have two large holes in my heart. For the past 8½ years I have not been able to breathe, to play, to walk, or travel far like healthy kids can normally do. I know that my heart defect will eventually kill me – but I refuse to die. I need to make a long and tiresome journey to the U.S for an open-heart surgery. Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Variety Children’s Lifeline and Hearts Without Boundaries can sponsor the expenses for my trip and surgery.

In order to make the trip I need to get stronger and to eat good healthy food that my family cannot afford, as well as take vitamins and medications. My mom makes $1.00 a day as a construction worker and cannot afford my extra expenses. Any help you can give will allow me to have a chance at a normal childhood and productive life. I am praying for a miracle!
  • In October 2007, I was denied a surgery by a cardiac team from the U.S during their mission to help fix the hearts of 21 children at Angkor Hospital for Children in Siem Reap because the holes in my heart were too big for the hospital to accommodate such a surgery.
  • In November 2007 I got a second chance to have surgery at the Calmette Hospital in Phnom Penh, but the team discovered that my blood count was too low and my body was too weak for an open-heart surgery.
Now, you know my story. My heart calls out to your heart as I invite you to become a donor, large or small, to help me live a normal, productive life.

Your kind donation:
  • $50.00 will cover my medicine, vitamins and food for a week, $200 will cover those expenses for one month.
  • $50.00 each month will cover the cost of transportation for my mom to take me to see a cardiologist in Phnom Penh, who will determine when I am strong enough for surgery.
  • $2600 will buy plane tickets so my mom can bring me to the U.S. for surgery.
  • $500 will cover my expenses while I am recuperating after surgery in the U.S.
I REFUSE TO DIE!

Donations can be sent in her name to:

Hearts Without Boundaries
744 Redondo Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90804
Tel (818) 640-6191
Fax (562) 439-2550
Web www.heartswithoutboundaries.org


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you think you're so special?

With that kind of money, I can help thousands that are starving in Cambodia.

I helped a lot of underprivileged children and others with my own money. But there's something wrong with this message.

Anonymous said...

Well, part of the address reads, "Long Beach, CA 90804".

Anonymous said...

I don't think you can underestimate my intelligence with the donation you're asking for a mere ONE individual and disregard the rest of the underprivileged children who are starving.

You need to repost your message to have my sympathy or others'. This simply does not cut it.

YOU CAN DO BETTER!

Anonymous said...

From what said in the letter, she doesn't thinks she is special. She has a heart condition and she needs kind hearted people like you to give her a normal childhood.

Since you had helped "thousand of starving in Cambodia", you can help one more. You sounded like you are a generous individual.

I believed these people are legitimate. They have all the proof that they are what they say they are.

What I can see in this crusade to save a child's heart really come from another good heart.
It takes one person to start with one random of kindness to open another person's eye.

Everyone has an opinion, but there hardly anyone doing anything about it. These people actually did something about it and you just kick them down.

I neither question nor underestimate your intelligence. But since you brought it up, what would you have done differently. Won't you elaborate upon your idea which satisfy your intelligence and generosity.

I wish there are many more people having the same heart in the world.