Friday, January 04, 2008

Hun Sen could help save a lot of gasoline by reducing his motorcade and his bodyguards brigade

Hun Sen asks his administration to save gasoline

03-01-2008
By Ky Soklim
Cambodge Soir Hebdo

Translated from French by Luc Sâr

The climbing price (of gasoline) pushes Hun Sen to call on his government workers to restraint their consumption of gasoline and to share rides.

Facing with the rising price of gasoline, Hun Sen, the government chief, asked on Thursday 03 January, to all the ministries to save gasoline.

During a visit to Kampong Cham, he chastised (government) workers who use government-provided vehicles and “State gasoline” for their private use. “I am asking you to save, because in 2008, the price (of gasoline) will keep going up. Otherwise, we will have to face difficulties,” Hun Sen added while proposing to his government workers to share rides.

According to Hun Sen, the savings on his government energy spending could be used to build roads and irrigation system.

Today, one liter of gasoline in Cambodia is 4,200 riels (~$1.05).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reducing Waht???
I am paying from my own pocket!

See ! I alway pay them on time not like my government that alway pay very late to the teachers!

Vote for me I am good only my goverment, my party, my friends, and family are bad!

HX ( so my Vietnamese friend would know me).

Anonymous said...

They use state vehicles for election campaign every day.