Monday, May 26, 2008

King-Father's history lesson on territorial integrity for visiting F'pec delegation (Part 3)


Translated from French by Luc Sâr


History

“Monday 12 May 2008: What I said on that day to the Funcinpec Delegation regarding our territorial Integrity in the 40s and our National Independence issues”
By N. Sihanouk

(Part 3)

1946-1947-1948: During the ceremony of the presentation of solemn greetings to King N. Sihanouk of Cambodia inside the Throne room of the Royal Palace in Phnom Penh (King’s birthday). In my speech, in French, addressed to the High Commissioner of the French Republic, I did not miss to underscore that I would be willing to exchange my royal crown and my position as King against the granting of Independence by France to my Homeland. The former High Commissioner of France in Cambodia, Mr. Loubet, is the witness of this. In 1952, when French government minister Letourneau threatened to dethrone me, he did not know that his threat was vain and ridiculous.

1952-1953. If the foreign governments distrusted me who was to them “a dangerous guy”, on the other hand, the international media was very interested by my declarations in which [I said that] my People was ready to take the arms to fight the war against the colonialist French, a war to achieve total Independence of the Khmer Homeland. In this regard, I pay tribute to the great and very prestigious, the universally appreciated The New York Times which produced and published two long articles about me, about my struggle for a complete independence of Cambodia, about my declarations on the very firm determination of the Khmer People who are ready to fight a war for the total liberation of Cambodia. It was thanks to The New York Times that the French government “at last” proposed to my government official negotiations on the transfer of “all authorities” to Cambodia which will become totally independent.

(To be continued)

(Signed) N. Sihanouk

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear all, my view is likekly be insanity to many people, but it will be true. Khmer territorial sovereignity must be met untill PREAH BATHAMEIK bring with him with a magig Medescin from Oriental then Khmer will find peace, and serenity. Please bebeprouwed and help one anothers.

Budha bless Khmer all

Anonymous said...

yeah Sihaknuk you used my parent at the end your soldier Khmer rouge and you team up killed my parent and the rest of my family total of 31,so you are still looking for your own justice?

Anonymous said...

every one have heard that,how about sdach ta let vietcong burnt our citizen' s house and country down
created khmer rouge togetherness with vietcong turned Cambodia in to blood bath called killing field, .come on we wanted to hear that?

Anonymous said...

The vintage of my ex King had shown that he was so handsome.
Why now, is he becoming a Baboon of Yuon-Hanoi ?

Anonymous said...

Why don't your people dig up the mystery why your counyry fallen to Communism? Don't just listen and tell each other what you went through. Start it from the French hired the Vietnamese to control over the state affair of Cambodia and Laos. The Vietnamese VietMinh were hiding and living amoung your people. Now you go figure out how you would do?

Anonymous said...

Khmers inside are no different from Khmers outside. They don't fight for a good cause, but fight to destroy each other.
The tragedy of King Norodom Sihanouk is he was born Khmer. If Thailand or Vietnam has leader like Norodm Sihanouk, Cambodia will be finished.

Hopefully after this King dies Thailand and Vietnam can divide this Kingdom to two, so no more Khmers fight with Khmers spillover Thailand and Vietnam anymore.

Anonymous said...

8:35PM Khmer people know what we should do next. The main course is we will talk a bout justice for Khmer all. Unfortunately I can't tell you when?, I personally Thinking may be after HUN SEN boss (Yuon) oredering him to travel accroissed the Dang-Regk Mountain then what going to happened thereafter?...No one could tell. you're next thieves.
Yuon need Siamese to feed INDOCHINA wealth.

God bless Khmer all, and Long lives Sdach-Ta (H.M N.SHN& SON K)

Anonymous said...

MAY ALL LORD BUDDHAS And ALL TEVARADAS RETURN AND BLESS SAMDACH PREAH BEIDA JATIE SAMDACH OV SIHANOUK AND PROTECT CAMBODIA FROM CHUN BOROTESS CHHLEAN PEAN.

SATHU SATHU

Anonymous said...

8:35PM Khmer nation are comprehensively thier own problems from the Past, Precente, and the future. We all know what to do next louwde and clear, we don't get confused or disturban with many of your distrations; what I do know righ now is the thieves are strugling and offensive. Do you know SDACH-TA is talking not simply like you and I, either the other people. He talked with tangible prove of Historic evidances. Therefore the justice will prevail indeed to the Nation who are suffered the most.

May Lord Budha bless SDACH-TA and Khmer all, Justice and peaceful in Kampuchea!.. PL.K