Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Announcement of World Habitat Day

Hi again KI Khmer,
Comment: Those evicted families in Cambodia are severely affected and unfairly treated by the development policies of Cambodian government. The United Nations' World Habitat Day will mark this mockery evicting policy.

There is less than one week left before the first Monday in October which the United Nations has chosen to be World Habitat Day. I hadn't heard back from you and I was really hoping you could help by posting about it on KI-Media. I've put together a blogger friendly press release with all sorts of goodies you can use:

http://worldhabitatdaynews.com

World Habitat Day is a day for everyone to stand up and let it be known that affordable, adequate housing should be a priority everywhere. Please let me know if you have any questions and if you are able to help by posting. Thanks so much.

--
Liza Peiffer,
On behalf of Habitat for Humanity
http://www.habitat.org

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

of course, sometimes, it takes an event to make changes be known, really. isn't that part of the equation? go figure! god bless cambodia.

Anonymous said...

This organisation works compromise with cambodia government. I was interviewed to be an admin staff and I said I don't like to work with the government that is why my job is only with the INGO or UN agency. I was unselected because that organisation needs a person who like to work and compromise with the government in the figure of corruption.