Thursday, June 10, 2010

Khmerization blog confirmed blocked in Thailand

Here is the screenshot of Khmerization blog appeared on the screen when a reader tried to access it in Thailand. This screenshot was sent to me by my contact in Thailand.

By Khmerization

On 7th June, I reported that "Khmerization blog" has just been blocked by ICT of Thailand. Since then, one reader said he still can access the website from Thailand. He said the reason he still can access the website from Thailand is because maybe his ISP (internet service provider) has not been blocked by ICT of Thailand.

However, a number of my contacts and readers in Thailand have confirmed to me that "Khmerization blog" has been blocked in Thailand. This is a message I received from my contacts in Thailand: "I can say that some ISPs were blocked by ICT in Thailand but the other ISPs were not blocked by ICT of Thailand. Anyway, they did block your blog in Thailand by this Ministry of Information and Communication because when my Thai friends access to your blog, it shows Thai message", with the English message that says "This website has been blocked by ICT".

I have no doubt of the reason why my website has been blocked in Thailand. It's been blocked because this website has published many critical articles of the Thai royal family and the Thai monarchy, especially the Thai king. Thailand is the third large source of visitors to my blog after the United States and Cambodia, so I wish to take the opportunity here to thank all my readers from Thailand, Thais or foreigners, for all their supports.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a shame, because there are so many Cambodian living inside Thailand.

Anonymous said...

You should report this to Google, Inc.

khmerbotra said...

Dear Sir,
I can't access to khmerization.blogspot.com in Thailand. Before, youtube and wordpress has been blocked by ICT of Thailand.

Anonymous said...

Thailand has something it doesn't want the Thai people to see and hear. I know Khmerization wrote and published a few articles very critical of the Thai king and monarchy. I believe that if Thai king and monarchy is good why it has to hide something from the Thai people. They introduced lese majeste law which jailed many people. Now they use internet censorship to stop Thai people from seeing and hearing anything bad about their Thai king. He is not god, so he is prone to make mistakes like everyone else and the Thai public is entitled to know.

Bunlin said...

Khmerization blog confirmed blocked in Thailand for TOT company, but others company not blocked and I can visit everyday.

Anonymous said...

How about opening another blog page.