Saturday, March 12, 2011

Celebrating Dignity, Rights, Contribution of Women

Under his forming hands a creature grew,

Man-like, but different sex; so lovely fair

That what seemed fair in all the world, seemed now

Mean, or in her summed up, in her contained,

And in her looks; which from that time infus'd

Sweetness into my heart, unfelt before,

And into all things from her air inspir'd

The spirit of love and amorous delight.

She disappear'd, and left me dark; I wak'd

To find her, or for her ever to deplore

Her loss, and other pleasures abjure:

When out of hope, behold her, not far off,

Such as I saw her in my dream, adorn'd

With what all Earth or Heaven could bestow

To make her amiable: On she came,

Led by her Heavenly Maker, though unseen,

And guided by his voice; nor uninform'd

Of nuptial sanctity, and marriage rites:

Grace was in her steps, heaven in her eye,

In every gesture dignity and love.


- John Milton, Paradise Lost


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Khmer Democrat,

I am re-posting my responding comment to your 'Ahn Trio" post:

Beautiful!!! The music, and the young ladies, of course...

***To Khmer Democrat, not all men, Cambodians and foreigners alike, see Asian women as 'slabs of flesh,' they always intrigue me and my passion as being beautiful, intellectual, and sexy!

Seeing beautiful and intelligent women awakens the complete of me in both my every physical and cerebral fibers.***