Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thai floods hit 300 Japanese firms

Tuesday October 18, 2011
Reuters

BANGKOK: At least 300 Japanese companies have been affected by flooding in Thailand and it could be months before all are fully up and running again, according to the local head of the Japan External Trade Organisation (Jetro).

Floods have forced a series of huge industrial estates to close, the latest being the Nava Nakorn Industrial Zone in Pathum Thani province north of Bangkok, which has more than 270 plants employing 270,000 workers.

That was seriously hampering the work of Japanese companies that had made Thailand their manufacturing and export base for South-East Asia, Setsuo Iuchi, the president of Jetro Thailand, said.


“More than 300 Japanese companies have suffered from the floods directly on five industrial estates,” Iuchi said.

“The supply chain for auto parts, parts from Thailand to other factories in Thailand as well as from Thailand to other part of the world, have been affected by the suspension of production,” he said.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BREAKING NEW,My name is Pang Sokheoun (Khmer Sovanaphumi) would like to confess my sin..i did something that a gentleman like me shouldn't have done, by listening n cooperated with my gf Sokunthear sam hacking n stealing someone pics without their consent to defame someone innocent ..i ( Pang Sokheoun) always accused someone of being abusive n attacking my personal issues, but now me n my mistress Sokunthear Sam are being stupid by invading someone privacy accounts...now i think God will punish both of us my lightning strike soon....furthermore me(Pang Sokheoun) n my mistress SOKUNTHEAR SOM sincerly would like to apologize to the public for hacking n stealing someone else personal ids....best regard..

Anonymous said...

HI, My name is Pang SOKUEON KNOWN AS (KHMER SOVANAPHUMI in facebook)...i'm here to apologize to the people in facebook world, n to the KI-MEDIA for my part being a dickhead, hacking n stealing someone personal accounts, now i think those innocent people found out it was the work of me n my mistress SOKUNTHEAR SOM to defame them, they will go after me in every directions....i knew what i did was wrong, but did it anyway, now i'm so scare of repercussion from those innocent people....i thought i was smart, but infact i was the world dumbest person ever for being so disgrace to the public....