Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sam Meas is running for State Senate in Massachusetts


"I'm running..."
Dear Friend,

Last week I submitted my nominations papers to the Secretary of State. We collected over 580 certified signatures and I am officially on the ballot!

I am humbled and honored to be a candidate for State Senate in the First Essex District. I have worked hard my entire life to provide for my beautiful family and create a setting where my kids can grow up to be anything that they want.

America is the land of opportunity and I have lived it first hand. Now I desire to give back to this country that has given me so much. I want to ensure that the same dream that was offered to me as a young Cambodian immigrant is offered to all Americans.

Massachusetts has been heading down a difficult path in recent years. Businesses are leaving, jobless numbers are still high and our government on Beacon Hill seems to be out of touch on every issue.

I hope to change all of that and provide a fresh voice of change and responsible governing to the State House.

Please join me in my campaign. Visit my campaign web site to learn more about the campaign and sign up to volunteer!

With your help, we can bring responsble and responsive leadership to Beacon HIll.
Sincerely,

Sam

To learn more about Sam Meas or to donate/join his team, click here

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sam,
Your attitude and positive outlook is the exemplary pride of Cambodia's son honoring his root and heritage.

Most of people of Cambodia origin living in the US seemed to not participating or aspiring to involve in local political process where their families or kids live.
They rather involve themselves and resources with Cambodia politics and politicans but not those they shared grocery stores or gas stations with in their current neigborhood.

ចាស់ថា"ជួញជិតជាជាងជួញឆ្ងាយ  ជួញរាងអាយគ្រាន់ចិញ្ចឹមឆ្នាំង"

I am very proud of you. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Yes! Pal America is the land of opportunity and the land of tough, the law too tough not like my country Cambodia. I do not like too tough, law, women get the right top then men. I heard and I do not like that, you cannot tough a woman or anybody, you can even say any thing especially to a woman such as 'you so beautiful' then you are accuse of harrash. I don't like America that way.

former Khmer Rouge soldier