Saturday, April 27, 2013

I gave up modeling for God

I gave up modeling for God
The New York Post
April 23, 2013

Kylie Bisutti had reached the pinnacle of her career as a Victoria’s Secret Angel. But instead of feeling proud, she felt exploited. She tells why she turned to faith after the fashion industry put her through hell

Kylie Bisutti made a stunning debut at the 2009 Victoria’s Secret fashion show. Two years later, she refused to pose provocatively. (Photo: WireImage)
Kylie Bisutti, 23, saw her dream come true when she beat 10,000 other girls in the 2009 Victoria’s Secret Angel Search competition. In her forthcoming book, “I’m No Angel,” she reveals why she gave up a multimillion-dollar career for the quiet life in Montana. She tells The Post’s Kate Storey her tale:
 
Photo: Stephen Vosloo
I’m lying on a bed wearing a tight, little T-shirt and boy-cut panty bottoms while camera flashes keep popping away. I’m giving the camera that seductive, bombshell look I’d become famous for.

“Pull the top further up,” the FHM photographer encouraged me. “Hold up the covers like you don’t have any panties on.”

Kylie Bisutti made a stunning debut at the 2009 Victoria’s Secret fashion show. Two years later, she refused to pose provocatively.
I didn’t feel comfortable but he kept urging me on.

“This is what Victoria’s Secret models do,” he said. “This is why they hired you. If you want to be like Gisele, this is what you have to do.”

That’s when it hit me. I was being paid to strip down and pose provocatively to titillate men. It wasn’t about modeling clothes anymore; I felt like a piece of meat.

The next day, I broke down and started sobbing. I was in my bedroom and dropped to my knees and started to pray.

“God, why did you have me win the Victoria’s Secret Angel competition if it was going to make me feel this way? I’m not honoring my husband. I just want answers!”

That was two years ago. Today, I’m living in Montana with my husband, enjoying the fresh air and volunteering with our church.

The old me would never have believed that I gave up my career for this quiet, country life. When I was a little girl growing up in Las Vegas, surrounded by billboards of half-dressed women, I dreamed of becoming a Victoria’s Secret Angel.

I thought the models I saw defined beauty, and beauty meant you were important. I would watch the Victoria’s Secret fashion shows at home on TV and imitate the models’ signature struts when I’d walk to my bedroom at night.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Theary,

Kylie has such seductive look and power that would make a sinner of any weak man like me...

You, too, could really mesmerize and wreak havoc on a man's heart! ;)

G

Anonymous said...

I still like her in Victoria secret outfit, what a waste of nice body. Wrong choice for her, there's no God on earth, God is in your mind, hallucinated!

Anonymous said...

4:36pm

Because you have committed so much crimes, therefore, there is no way that god would have chosen you to be one like Kylie. Her choice worth more than money can buy. Her belief will save her life forever and ever. For life is too short, might as well do good. ..as ' having knowledge and wisdom of life, worth more than money can buy', and you got to earn them, really. As for you Mr 4:36pm you can do whatever you like, but everything willl come with time as 'nothing last forever' and only then, you know how hot or how cold it can be, because the end will justify the mean or 'what you do is what you will get'...or 'everyone will be judged according to there work'...or 'speak truth, for the truth will set you free'.

So for, no one can get away from any injustice that they have committed as 'justice will be done on earth and in heaven'. Such a wisdom of life is priceless and you got to earn it...'it is harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom of god. than a camel goes through the eye of a needle'...or 'the road to heaven is very narrow and only few got to go there...or ' for the ones who followed the ten commentment, where I am, is where you will be also'...'who ever believe in me will never die but have everlasting life'. Make no mistake, the kingdom of god is real but has limited places only and I know Kylie and Theary are one of them for sure.

So, happy are those who have eyes to see and ears to hear.

Chaim Sraite Sabaite How.

Anonymous said...

4:59PM Another fool!

Anonymous said...

4:59PM Shut your christian mouth, I'm Khmer Islam. Allah mighty God is the only one God.

Sala lek Pram Salamath

Anonymous said...

I'm sure when she said quiet life in Montana she meant to say what a boring life! hehe

Anonymous said...

4:59 pm is 51/50. He is a christian with cpp tendency - a lot of veiled threats and nothing really substantial.

Anonymous said...

4:36 PM
Can you prove it scientifically if GOD is just in the mind?

A poor Cambodian from the poorest country like yourself, why are you talking so big?

Share with us (non-Cambodians) how you prove.

Anonymous said...

5:33 PM

Don't drag Khmer Islam in your losing battle. You are a fanatic Khmer Buddhist. Why are you ashamed of your Buddhism?

Anonymous said...

Sa-la-ma-ly-=aig-cha-la!!

Anonymous said...

Sa-La-Ma-Ly-Kom=Aig-Cha-La..^^

Anonymous said...

Kylie Bisutti was strongly called. Before her, one of the most beautiful Hollywood actress named Dolores Hart felt of this call, she ended her film "Francis of Assissi", then she became a Nun at 24 years old.

She was known as a young Princess Grace Kelly of Monaco, because of they both lookalike. She was engaged to a multimillionaire Californian man. Her then fiancee remained single and devoted/supported her until his death. His wealth gave all to the charity.

Thank you, for posting this grace Lady.

Anonymous said...

2:39 AM Hey Fool! when the last time you see God face to face for real, not in your bible, your dream when you sleep or in the church.