Seen and heard on Ms. Theary C. Seng's Facebook accounts:
I will attend the finale of this legal farce, the curtain closing circus performance, tomorrow. Unfortunately, I also wanted to attend the CNRP press conference tomorrow, but I have already promised Al Jazeera an interview at the Eccc the Clown.
30 October 2013
CLOSING STATEMENTS IN CASE 002/01 WILL CONCLUDE ON OCTOBER 31, 2013
The closing statements in Case 002/01 against Khieu Samphan and Nuon Chea before the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia (ECCC) will conclude tomorrow with final statements from the Accused and their defence counsels.
The Trial Chamber hearing will commence at 9 am Phnom Penh time, with the following indicative schedule (please note that changes may occur):
1. Final statements from Nuon Chea / Nuon Chea Defence (up to 2 hours)
2. Final statements from Khieu Samphan / Khieu Samphan Defence (up to 2 hours)
The ECCC will provide handout photos from the beginning of the hearing.
Immediately after the conclusion of the Trial Chamber hearing, there will be a press conference in the public gallery of the main ECCC courtroom, with the following schedule:
1. Remarks by the Co-Prosecutors and Q&A (20 min)
2. Remarks by the Defence teams and Q&A (20 min)
3. Remarks by the Civil Party Lead Co Lawyers and Civil Party Lawyers, and Q&A (20 min)
The press conference will have simultaneous interpretation between Khmer, English and French.