Monday, March 06, 2006

Correspondance between Prime Minister Hun Sen and King-Father

Reply letter from King-Father to Prime Minister Hun Sen (Click on the letter to view a larger size version).

Letter sent by Prime Minister Hun Sen to King-Father requesting his return back home (Click on the letter to view a larger size version).


The following is the unofficial English translation of the two letters above by M. Preuk.

Norodom Sihanouk of Cambodia

To Samdech Hun Sen
Prime Minister of the Royal Government of Cambodia

Beloved Samdech,

I have received your letter dated 03 March 2006 requesting my return to our country before the celebration of our new year.

I am deeply thanking you, and warmly congratulate you for your effort to fulfill your extraordinary talent in building and serving the country and the Cambodian people, as well as that of your wife and the CPP.

I always miss our country and our beloved compatriots, children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, but I cannot return back to our country yet because:

  1. There are a number of news in Phnom Penh, especially those in French and English, published in the past year [indicating] that I have changed my decision: sometimes, I [decided to] die abroad like Prince Norodom Yukanthor, and at other time, I am returning back home.
  2. More than a year ago, I was prepared to return back home, but then H.E. Sam Rainsy sent me a political letter saying: “Honni soit qui mal y pense” which in Khmer means: “If one has bad thoughts, one will be disdained by others.” With these words, I have stopped from returning back home.
  3. Later on, H.E. Sam Rainsy sent me an urgent letter informing me that there are (Khmer) people who are planning to organize a demonstration against Sihanouk. I decided that I will not return to Phnom Penh because this news is serious towards me, this led me to decide to retire.

Currently, if I dare return back to our country, there will be bad problems [for me] that will force me to leave our country again.

I wish Samdech and Lok Chumtiev, as well as the noble members of the CPP, and our beloved Compatriots the five Buddhist blessings.

Please accept, Samdech and Lok Chumtiev, my love and highest regards as well as that of Queen-Mother.

Signed Norodom Sihanouk

Pyongyang, 04 March 2006

==============

Samdech Hun Sen
Prime Minister of the Royal Government of Cambodia

To His Majesty Norodom Sihanouk
Preah Moha Vireak Ksatr, the Father of Independence, Territorial Integrity, and Khmer Unity, and
To His Majesty Queen Monineath Sihanouk
The Mother of the Khmer Nation in Freedom, Nobility, and Happiness

Respected King-Father and Queen-Mother,

Up to now, it has been a very long time that respected King-Father and Queen-Mother had left their children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren who had always missed dearly the two benefactors who are providing a cool shade to the entire Cambodian family.

Myself, my wife, along with the entire Cambodian family always think of the health of Your Majesty, and we always wonder when our two benefactors will return back to saty with their children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.

At the same time, I am very moved reading the royal letter dated 10 January 2006 in which respected King-Father sent to me indicating your unchanged position in your support towards me, your son. Furthermore, I read with emotion the royal article dated 14 February 2006 in which respected and dearly beloved King-Father recalled the good deeds of high ranking CPP officials did to Him. The two royal letters indicated anew Your Majesty’s indulgence in always providing justice and ardent support for your children and grandchildren.

In my name, that of my wife, and that of the entire Cambodian family who are Your Majesty’s children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, we are soliciting and sincerely and lovingly begging through the generous intermediary of His Majesty Norodom Sihamoni, our respected King, that respected King-Father and Queen-Mother would think of returning back to live with the population again to provide a cool shade to all of us. Your children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren want to see the presence of our benefactors back in our country before the celebration of the upcoming Khmer New Year. This would provide an great encouragement to the Cambodian people and would bring in greater joy to the entire Cambodian family that nothing can be compared to during this upcoming Khmer new year celebration.

Again, I am sending my wish to King-Father and Queen-Mother so that you may be healthy, clairvoyant, have a long life, devoid of all illnesses, so that you may remain as a cool shade for our Cambodia.

Please accept, King-Father and Queen-Mother, my regards, as well as that of my wife.

Phnom Penh, 03 March 2006

Signed Hun Sen

No comments: