Friday, December 01, 2006

Cambodia's retired king says he wants his body cremated after death

November 30, 2006
The Associated Press

Cambodia's retired king Norodom Sihanouk said he wants his body cremated after he passes away.

Sihanouk said in a handwritten statement posted on his Web site that his ashes should be put in a marble urn, blessed by Cambodian Buddhist monks and placed in a stupa he had built for his "most-loved daughter Kantha Bopha," who died at the age of four from leukemia in 1952.

The statement was dated Nov. 27.

The stupa is located inside the Royal Palace in the capital, Phnom Penh.

Sihanouk, 84, is currently in Beijing for medical examinations. He travels regularly for health checkups to China, which granted him a comfortable exile after he was ousted from power in a 1970 coup. He has suffered from a number of ailments, including colon cancer, diabetes, hypertension and two strokes.

In the statement, he did not indicate his latest health condition and what prompted him to write about arrangements following his death.

Sihanouk abdicated in October 2004, citing poor health. He was succeeded by current king Norodom Sihamoni, one of his two sons with former queen Monineath.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHEN SIHANOUK DIE, YUONS, VIETMINH,CPP. HUN SEN, SOK AN CAN NOT USE HIM TO OPRESS CAMBODIA ANY MORE. HIS ASH SHOULD LAY TO REST NEXT TO HO CHI MINH AND MAO TSE TONG.

THE SOONER HE DIE THE BETTER FOR CAMBODIA.

Anonymous said...

I want to PISS on his Ashes!

Anonymous said...

Sihanouk! you kill your own people after your took over from Lon Nol, you still remember old man? after you die your body should throw into the river across your dumb palace let the fishs has something to eat. Don't try to be a nice guy dummy!.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sihanouk
don't worry when your die, camrade Tep Vong will preside over your funeral.

Anonymous said...

9:12PM, YOU BEAT ME FOR THAT!

LET THE HOCHI MONK BLESS HIM AND SEE WHERE WILL HE GO AFTER DEATH!!!

metikhmer said...

I can see many people are still angry with King Sihanouk. If you see the Majesty made a mistake, why don't we learn make a change.

Metikaunkhmer!

Anonymous said...

Sihanouk should give his body to North Korea and China so they can use it for fertilizer.

Anonymous said...

Do you want me to change? change what!. I lost my father, my sister, my brother during sihanouk took over from Lon Nol,may be you can do that because you did not lose anything or out of the country that time. I Don't need Sihanouk liberat me from eat bay to eat borbor.Sorry Mr matickhmer.

Anonymous said...

Do you want me to change? change what!. I lost my father, my sister, my brother during sihanouk took over from Lon Nol,may be you can do that because you did not lose anything or out of the country that time. I Don't need Sihanouk liberat me from eat bay to eat borbor.Sorry Mr matickhmer.

Anonymous said...

Sihanouk is a big killer of about 1.7 millions of Cambodia people during 1975-1979

He will be in jail next year by the Khmer rouge tribunal

Cambodia people hate him and hope Khmer Rouge tribunal starts as soon as possible in order to take Sihanouk in jail