Saturday, December 25, 2010

Right to Independent, Impartial Court

By Khmer Democrat, Phnom Penh
Fair Trial Rights Series

Knowledge is power. Know your rights.

[Click on images to enlarge for reading ]

Rights of Fair Trial (Separation of Powers; Court Structure)
Main Actors in Criminal Proceedings
What do the Judicial Police Officers do?

Public Prosecutor
Investigating Judge

Trial Judge
Court Clerk
Lawyer
Criminal Defendant, Person Civilly Responsible
Civil Plaintiff, Victim
Witnesses
What is the Rule of Law?
What are fair trial rights?
Fair trial rights protected under Cambodian Laws
Fair rights protected under international law
Rights related to ARREST
Rights related to Interrogation

Right to be tried within reasonable time

Presumption of Innocence


Source:
The Fair Trial Handbook was conceived and edited by Ms. Theary C. Seng, drafted/translated by the Legal Unit of then Center for Social Development with assistance of legal consultant Mr. Richard J. Rogers (who went on to become the Chief of the ECCC Defense Support Section), funded by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HE WHO DRINK, GET DRUNK:
HE WHO GETS DRUNK GOES TO SLEEP:
HE WHO GETS TO SLEEP DOES NOT SIN:
HE WHO DOES NOT SIN GOES TO HEAVEN:

SO LET'S ALL DRINK AND GO TO HEAVEN.

Anonymous said...

What does it mean to be a Khmer democrat?

Anonymous said...

Dear Cambodians,

We are Vietnamese will make Mr. Hun Xen become King in the next ten years and his belove son will be a strong prime minister of cambodia. So please make way for us to migrate to cambodia. Don't be jealous for our success. We will make khmer become aborigine.

Kind regards
Vietnamese patriots,

PS

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!

Anonymous said...

You knew I am Hun Sen, you guy have taught me all the time, I learn the lesson from previous regimes such as Songkom Reas Niyom, Lon Nol, Pol Pol. you knew they all corrupt including my regime but the different is my regime I gave everybody have a chance to corrupt so when everyone corrupt no one are going to blame me instead they are support me that is my strategy.

Those previous regimes ware not smart they corrupt only group of intellectual and the power holders, secondly I made those people mistrust each others so they mind their own affairs, all my colleagues I gave them good position and they make money for me too. Thirdly I can not lost my power you know already I do not want to explain to you guy again and again, I have cling to power untill the end of my life, you know when I lost power my faith will like Sadam Husen or Duch. Please be understood. You can not curse me or criticise me, my face are thick and numb already. Other thing do not try to kill my family as you knew I have strong support and accomodation in Viet like King Father has his in Bejing.

Next time when you have power make sure you look after people well and do not use my strategy, and I hope no one corrupt but if turn to not what people expect then your faith will be the same as Nol Nol, Sangkom Reas Niyum, Pol Pot. But you guy may have no chance as I said early I Like the word dynasty

Anonymous said...

Dear VN
bravo graet VN, I whis u long live VN long live communisme, go away democtate frome VN, we need Commusite for ever whit Indochine long lie VN-Communisme-Indochine
Kind regards
Commusisme patriots,

PS

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!