Friday, May 06, 2011

Letter sent to the ICJ by Mr. Yin Sem, a former KR mole in the Lon Nol regime regarding the KR genocide



(Unofficial translation from French by Luc Sâr)

Mr. Yin Sem

To: International Court of Justice
Peace Palace
Carnegieplein 2
2517 KJ The Hague
Netherland

Marseille, 28 April 2011

I was born in Svay Rieng, Cambodia, on 12 December 1942. I was a teacher in Cambodia between 1960 and 1970; a cadre of the Ronakse [communist front] responsible for intelligence collecting missions for the People’s tribunal. I was sent by the [Khmer Rouge] Angkar [organization] to [infiltrate] in Mr. Lon Nol’s Khmer Republic in 1973. I was then an army officer [in the Lon Nol regime] holding a rank of lieutenant, working in the military intelligence service (known as 2nd Bureau) between 1973 and April 1975. I then belonged to Division 304/K11, and I was then in charge of pointing out all officers I knew who would be susceptible to sabotage the then-current [Lon Nol] regime. I decided to quit the Ronakse on March 9, 1975.

With this letter, I declare to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) that, due to my position and rank in the army, I had to participate in the genocide orchestrated by the [Khmer Rouge] Angkar.

Today, through my declarations, I would like to testify to the ICJ on the massacre of two million Cambodians – a testimonial that appears important to me vis-à-vis the difficulties in assembling elements of the investigation in this case – so that light can be shed [on this case] and so that true responsibilities could be revealed since the investigation into this case appears to be on a dead end [especially] in regards to the true history of this genocide.

I avail myself to the court so that I can be heard in this case, and I stand ready for any summons that the court deems necessary sending them to me.

(Signed) Mr. Yin Sem

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

May all witnesses and more witnesses come forward.

The question should be answered is WHO IS ANGKAR, OR WHO IS BEHIND ANGKAR?

Because, Pol Pot said he was picked to be head of state. So Someone is behind him! Whether its true or not, it should be farther investigated.

Anonymous said...

Yin Sem, you are not lying ???
born in 1942 and
teacher in 1960 ???
18 years old ??

Anonymous said...

Yin Sem used to serve Division 304/K11 of Vietcong/Khmer Rouge and infiltrated into Khmer Répupblic as Lt. 2B.



Division 304=Vietcong
K11=Khmer

Anonymous said...

please come forward and help put some closure of what really happen. dont take this sin to your grave for not letting million of Khmer know.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Yim Sem,
Did you knew that your boss Army General Kouruth Deth was also a spy of Vietcong????
Have you seen the consequences in this conspiracy to serve youns unintentionally to kill millions of your own blood.
May God bless to be born to know your big mistake in your life to serve enemy of your oown less fortunate innocent khmers.

Anonymous said...

I applaud you Mr. Yin Sem. You took the responsible road and this definitely show your love to your people. I understand that many KR members thought what they did during those times was for the good of the country. Not knowing the real intention and destruction of the leaders.

Anonymous said...

Mr Yin Sem,if you committed wrongdoing and admitted your faults.
You should speak up 40 or 35 years ago.
Love Cambodia,Khmer people than you loved yourself.Show up your courage.
Thank you,Yin Sem for your honesty.

Anonymous said...

I must congratulate you ( Yin Sem ) for your courage to come clean on your past. You are a true man with high integrity. Khmer proverb has said" Hean Sy hean Sorng!" You are far better than chicken Sihanouk who is Hean Sy but Ot hean sorng? He is a chicken king !!!!!!!!!!!!

Areak Prey

Anonymous said...

Mr. Yin Sem, you must come forward to confront with the KT Tribunal to earn yourself a chapter in Cambodian history. We really wanted to know WHO is behind the KR killing machine.