Thursday, November 21, 2013

Facebook user busted over posts


Lieng Sarit, The Phnom Penh Post
20 November 2013

A 23-year-old Stung Treng man was hauled in for questioning by police yesterday after he criticised a senior military police official on Facebook

Colonel Ieng Vandy, the Stung Treng military police chief, said he ordered his officers to arrest Cheth Sovichea yesterday morning after spotting what he considered to be defamatory posts about him on Facebook.

“I cracked down on him, because he wrote that I had come to amass money, used vulgar words and despite my high status, I sound like a backwards man from the country,” Vandy said.

“He admitted [to doing it]. He posted about me not only once but two or three times already. But when he realised what he had done wrong, I educated him and then released him. I asked him to make a correction, but if he still continues I will complain to the court.”

Sovichea could not be reached for comment yesterday.

No comments: