Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Burned villager’s dad vows revenge

Tuesday, 15 September 2009
Thet Sambath
The Phnom Penh Post


THE father of a young man said to have been killed Friday by Thai troops near the border at Oddar Meanchey province said he has no doubts his son was deliberately burned to death and wishes for revenge against those responsible for the murder.

In a conversation with the Post on Monday, Saing Yon said he had visited the scene of the killing and was devastated by what he saw there.

“It is difficult for me to tell you in detail about my son’s suffering before he died because I saw my son’s body and it is very tragic,” said the father of 16-year-old Yon Rith, who was found dead after reportedly being arrested by Thai forces on Friday.

They burned my son to death. I will remember this, and I want revenge on the Thai soldiers, but I won’t tell anyone what I will do to them.”

Saing Yon said that, judging from his son’s remains, he was lashed to an ox cart with ropes before being set alight by the soldiers. “I saw ropes holding his arm bones and the many footsteps he made at the site as he tried to escape from the flames,” he said.

He added that he planned to build a small Buddhist stupa at the site to commemorate his son and to mark what he termed the “cruel” deeds of those responsible.

“Please, other people, tell your children and relatives not to do anything along the border to avoid my son’s fate.”

Meanwhile, officials have vowed to get to the bottom of the incident, comparing the reported killing to the cruelties of Cambodia’s recent past.

The Thais’ action was similar to the Khmer Rouge,” said Foreign Ministry spokesman Koy Kuong. “Their actions make them seem like wild and inhuman people.”

Koy Kuong said that government officials received a report of the incident from provincial authorities on Monday and would make a formal request for an explanation from the Thai government.

“We will send a diplomatic note to the Thais to get their explanation for burning the Cambodian man alive,” he said. “The ministry was very disturbed to get this report.”

Officials at the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh could not be reached for comment on Monday.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

ទាហានសៀមច្បាស់ណាស់ថា បានប្រព្រឹត្តអំពើរ អមនុស្សធ៌ម រំលោភសិទ្ធិរស់រានមានជីវិត ជាទង្វើឧក្រិដ្ឋប្រឆាំងមនុស្សជាតិ៕ ទាហានសៀម ត្រូវទទួលខុសត្រូវ ចំពោះរឿងនេះ។ ច្បាស់ណាស់ ថា ឳពុកម្តាយនៃយុវជន ដែលស្លាប់មិនអាចទទួល យកបាន និងប្តាជ្ញាចិត្តសងសឹកនោះ។

Anonymous said...

People should stop crossing illegally into thailand, it's very dangerous, i don't know why they kept doing? Thai black soldier trying to take revenged from the lost of their soldiers...

Anonymous said...

Thailand can not blame Cambodia on the lost of their soldiers because it is a trouble maker on the Preah Vihear Temple issue. In contrast, Thai should blame their stupid leaders and king that used troops to violate Cambodia's sovereignty.

Now it clearly show that Thailand is a barbaric country, which does not know international laws.

THEY COMMITTED WAR CRIME AND AGAINST UNIVERSAL DECLARATION ON HUMAN RIGHT.

BURNED A KHMER TEENAGER TO LIFE IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THEY HAVE DID!

Anonymous said...

នៅឆ្នាំ១៩៧៩
ពលរដ្ធកម្ពុជារាប់ម៉ឺននាក់បានចូលមកស្រុកសៀំមហើយពួកសៀមវាបានដឹកប្រជាជនកម្ពុជាយកចាក់ចោលនៅភ្នំដងរែកដោយអ្នកខ្លះបានដើរជាន់ម៉ីនអ្នកខ្លះអត់បាយអត់ទឹកគឺពិបាកវេតនាដួចនៅក្នុងជំនន់ពលពតឥញ្ចឹង។អ្នកខ្លះឆ្លងទន្លេ(កើតកូន)នៅក្នុងព្រៃគួរឲ្យអាសូរពលរដ្ធកម្ពុជាណាស់មិនដែលបានសុខទេលុះដល់ពាក់កណ្តាលឆ្នាំ១៩៧៩ប្រជាជនកម្ពុជាលោកបានទៅនៅតាមជុំរំទល់ដែនខ្មែរ-សៀមបានរស់នៅជាមួយពួកទាហ៊ានខ្មែរដែលប្រឆាំងជាមួយរដ្ធាភិបាលបច្ចុបន្បន៍ពួកទាហ៊ានទាំងនោះបានធ្វើបាបប្រជនខ្មែរយើងដួចគ្នាមិនចេះចប់ទេដោយអង្ករអង្ការសហប្រជាជាតិបញ្ចូនមកឲ្យពលរដ្ធខ្មែរពួកគេទាំងនោះយកអង្ករមកលក់ឲ្យពលរដ្ថខ្មែរយើងទៅវិញ។ដោយលំបាកក្នុងការរស់នៅជាមួយទាហ៊ាននៅតាមទល់ដែនពេកម្នាក់ៗក៏សម្រេចចិត្តចូលមករស់នៅក្នុងជុំរំខាវអ៊ីដាងប្រទេសសៀមដោយមានអង្ការសហប្រជាជាតិដឹក
ជញ្ជូនផងដែរ។ប៉ុន្តែជាអកុសល់ម្តងទៀតពលរដ្ធកម្ពុជាមករស់នៅប្រទេសសៀមពួកសៀមវាបាន
ធ្វើបាបធ្វើកម្មមិនចេះឈប់មិនចេះហើយ។នៅក្នុងជុំរំខាវអ៊ីដាងបើកុំមានអង្ការសហប្រជាជាតិពួក
សៀមវាសម្លាប់ពលរដ្ធខ្មែរមិនដឹងអស់ប៉ុន្មាននាក់ទេមើលទៅ។ខ្ញុំបាទបានឃើញពួកទាហ៊ានសៀម
វាវាយធ្វើបាបពលរដ្ធខ្មែររហូតដល់ស្លាប់ក៏មានដែរចំណែកអ្នកទទួលខុសត្រូវជុំរំគឺជាជនជាតិស្បែក
សហើយជាស្រីទៀតលោកស្រីម្នាក់ហ្នឹងខ្ញុំបាទពុំបានចាំឈ្មោះគាត់ទេជូនកាលគាត់យកទ្រូងពាំង
ដែលទាហ៊ានសៀមចង់សម្លាប់ប្រជាជនខ្មែរយើង(ដោយគាត់និយាយទៅទាហ៊ានសៀមវិញថាបើ
អ្នកឯងចង់សម្លាប់ប្រជាជនភាសខ្លួនទាំងអស់ហ្នឹងអ្នកឯងសម្លាប់គាត់មុនទៅ)នេះគឺជាទឹកចិត្តដ៏មុត
មាំរបស់លោកស្រីយើងខ្ញុំជាប្រជាពលរដ្ធកម្ពុជាមិនភ្លេចគុណបំណាច់របស់លោកស្រីទេសូមអរគុណ។ចំពោះអង្ការសហប្រជាជាតិមួយចំនួនមិនដែលនឹកឃើញជួយប្រជាជនកម្ពុជានៅស្រុកខ្មែរទេ
ប្រជាជនកម្ពុជាដែលលោករស់នៅកម្ពុជាមិនដែលបានធ្វីទាល់តែសោះអំពីអំណោយរបស់បរទេស
នៅឆ្នាំ១៩៧៩ដួចជាថ្នាំសង្កូវ,សម្លៀកបំពាក់,។ល។មិនដែលបានទាល់តែសោះគឺរស់បានតាមកម្លាំង
ញឺសឈាមរបស់គាត់តែប៉ុណ្ណឹងឯង។បើតាមខ្ញុំដឹងខ្លះៗប៉ុន្តែមិនពិតប្រាកដទេប្រហែលជាជឿនៅជន
មួយក្តាប់តួចបានញុះញង់មិនឲ្យអង្ការសហប្រជាជាតិចូលមកស្រុកខ្មែរគឺដោយសារឥញ្ចឹងបើតាម
ខ្ញុំគិត។

Anonymous said...

Fucken stupid Thailand is the country of lawless and cowards country, Khmer leader must asking thai army leader to turn in that soldier over to cambodia, no more mr. nice guy with Thai black soldier bastrad, just shoot and kills them as much as you could...

Anonymous said...

FUCK THAILAND

Anonymous said...

Being a father myself, my heart is with the victim's family. I am so sorry for your loss. It is very sad for such barberic act by these individual who considered themself to be Buddhism. These animals will get what is coming to them. This is not the first time that these animals behaving this way. Thousand of Khmers crossing the border were treated like animals in the 80's when we needed help the most. I will never forget in this life time of how these animals treated us. I am now living in the US and that anger will always embedded in my heart to assure myself that one day will come just like the father of that 16 years old boy. For sure my son and my grandson will learn of what these Siem animal done to my people.

Anonymous said...

I support the man. I hope he gets his revenge. I would buy him a gun and bullets if I was there. I know how he feels. I would do the same.

Anonymous said...

I'm shock by the act of hatred of the Thais soldier towards the Cambodian teenager. This act is beyond comprehension from the inhabitants of the Buddhist nation. This act shows the crueltiness of the Thais' psyche and absolute hatred and look down on the Cambodians people.

Anonymous said...

i am with the father. I wish i know black magic to destroy all the thai monster to kill each other!

Anonymous said...

I love you guy my KHMER brothers/sisters out there all over the world. Keep on writing KHMER script and showed our KHMER people those who don't know how to read/write/speak. Believe me some of those kids that born abroad don't know not even 1 KHMER script. Most kids from abroad speak majority of English, French, German, nor Dutch.

I've learnt so fast every times open this up. I called my dad/mom read it for me. That how I learnt it very fast. GO to YOUTUBE and GOOGLE and you will learn alot more than you think. I taught myself from computer no class has taken.

I MISSED KHMER

Anonymous said...

this is so cruel and inhumane. it makes me want to move back to Cambodia so i can do the same thing back to these black clad soldiers. what a coward...

Anonymous said...

Revenge:

The PAD is coming to town.

Launch the attack against them and spark a new war with our friend Thailand.

The opposition must launch the attack, and then let the nature take its course.

Anonymous said...

You MUST seek REVENGE. Start killing Thai troops and use their weapons against them.

Anonymous said...

Tell khmer rouge at Phnom Trop to laid more C4 on Thai side....

Anonymous said...

If i were the father of the boy, i will stold T-55 from Kun Kim house and drive toward Thai border and shoot ta hell out of them KAPIK PAO!

Anonymous said...

of course, who wouldn't? khmer people should burn the barbaric siem criminals alive as well! what goes around comes around, you know!